Spring Term 'Assembly' Themes
To make a change this year (change being necessary or children hear the same themes and the same assemblies each year for the four years they are with us) the Collective Worship themes for the spring term will ignore the 'special days' and festivals, and ignore any Church or faith cycle.
The overall theme will be, 'Famous People and Faith Leaders'.
We will ignore Valentine's Day, even though it falls in the last week of the first half term, and not need to worry about Easter because it falls AFTER the Easter holiday (if you can get your head round that one). St. David's Day and St. Patrick's Day will be passed over, as will the season of Lent.
The weekly focus will go like this:
- Rich and Famous (Actions, not words)
- Louis Braille (from humble beginnings)
- Eureka! (Problem solving)
- Louis Pasteur (Using talents wisely)
- Go Compare! (comparison may not be helpful)
- Tea with me? (Fantasy Dinner Party)
- Who? Me? (Isiah)
- How you cut it – a star inside us all
- Humpty Dumpty – help from all the King’s men
- A Day for Special People (not just mothers)
They will allow us to look at the contributions of scientists, celebrities and ourselves. The assemblies will include stories, discussions, role play, visual presentations and contributions from the children.
There are opportunities in the plan to demonstrate equality - using examples across gender, faiths, age, ethnicity and nationality.
At this point we have no visitors booked to lead these sessions, though we do have other speakers for other purposes and times.
I think they will be engaging and enjoyable sessions.
Search our website
Our target is...