Term DatesYou can read about school term dates for 2017-18 here.
The school is also closed to pupils on five staff curriculum training days. These days are the same as Lydgate Infant School:
Monday 4 September 2017
Thursday 21 December 2017
Friday 22 December 2017
Monday 23 July 2018
Tuesday 24 July 2018
You can also read about our school term dates for 2018-19 here.
The school is closed to pupils on five staff curriculum training days. These days are the same as Lydgate Infant School.
Monday & Tuesday 3 & 4 September 2018
Monday 5 November 2018
Friday 15 February 2019
Wednesday 24 July 2019
School Uniform Policy
I am writing to thank parents for supporting the school’s policy. School expects children to dress in accordance with the uniform policy. In particular we would like to remind parents that normal blue jeans, sports trousers, tracksuit bottoms or blue tops incorporating non school logos/ or slogans are not part of the policy.
The uniform policy is as follows:
- Dark royal blue sweatshirt, cardigan or fleece. The school logo is strongly encouraged but optional.
- White or blue shirt or white, dark blue, royal blue or light blue polo shirt. The school logo is optional.
- Black, navy or grey trousers. Plain black, navy or grey jeans with no embroidery or decoration may be worn. (No normal jeans, sports trousers or tracksuit bottoms).
- Headscarves should be blue, Black or white not coloured.
- Tights should be black, plain grey, navy or neutral colour.
- Sensible shoes, boots (no high heeled fashion boots) or trainers.
- For those children who wish to wear something lighter in the summer months:
- Gingham dress in blue & white, red & white or yellow & white.
- Black, navy, grey or blue shorts. These can range in length from above the ankle to just above the knee. Sports shorts and shorts ending at the top of the thigh are not acceptable.
- Sandals or crocs. Flip-flops are not allowed.
- The P.E. kit consists of a white T-shirt and black shorts. Plimsolls and trainers (these trainers are to be different from those worn everyday) may be worn for outdoor games. When the weather is cold, children may wear a tracksuit or change into alternative warm clothing for outdoor P.E. sessions. Children whose religion forbids the wearing of shorts may wear tracksuit bottoms or leggings.
Other guidelines on personal appearance include:
Jewellery – only watches and sleeper/stud earrings are allowed. These are to be removed for P.E. and swimming lessons.
Body Piercing – we request that any body piercing rings are removed whilst the child is in school on heath & safety grounds.
Make-up – no make-up is allowed in school.
School uniform items showing our logo are available from The Stitch Factory. Parents are able to order on line from the following web address: www.stitchfactory.co.uk or by completing an order form available from the school office or by clicking here. Please allow 10 days until receipt. All other items are available from major stores and supermarkets.
Our school meals are provided by Taylor Shaw. You can visit their website for more information by clicking here.
You can view and download the current school meal menu (Autumn 2017) by clicking here.
Request for Leave of Absence
“The current law does not give any entitlement to parents to take their child on holiday during term time. Any application for leave must be in exceptional circumstances and the Head teacher must be satisfied that the circumstances warrant the granting of leave. Parents can be fined for taking their child on holiday during term time without consent from the school.”
Therefore the Head teacher may only consider giving permission for a pupil to be absent from school in term time in ‘exceptional circumstances’ and proof will be requested by the Headteacher. Request for Leave Letter & Form.
For a snapshot of reasons why our 'Pupils are not in School' click here.
Adverse Weather & Other Emergency Situations
Please click here to view the school's policy on Adverse Weather and Other Emergency Situations.